Sunday, January 28, 2007

Interview with Boof

Interview with Boof Bonser from twincities.com.


Twins pitcher Boof Bonser struggled when he was first called up from the minor leagues last season. He was sent back down. When he returned to the Twins later in the season, he was a different pitcher. A better pitcher. Here is Bonser…

On what will be different about him this season: "When I got on my run at the end of the year, the consistency and the confidence was there. The confidence of (manager Ron Gardenhire and pitching coach Rick Anderson) to run me out every five days was the biggest key to me."

On what else changed for him last season: "When I first came up, I was inconsistent. I thought I was ready. I wasn't quite there yet. When I got sent down, I didn't want to pitch in the minor leagues. I just busted my tail. That's how I got on my roll at the end. I wanted to stay up in the big leagues. I didn't want to go back down to the minor leagues."

On whether this will be his breakout season: "I'd like it to be. I'd like to go out there and win ballgames and keep my team in the game."

On what he considers a breakout season: "Fifteen wins would be nice. If I get 20, it'll be even better."

On whether he cares where he pitches in the rotation: "Don't get me wrong. If they tell me I'm No. 2, that'd be a great thing. But for me, wherever they tell me is where I'll pitch. I get to put that jersey on and wear it. That's the big thing."

No comments: